PLAN YOUR TRIP
We recommend that your medical screening steps (noted on our private portal for registered guests) have been completed before booking your flights unless you choose to have refundable or changeable flight options. SoulCentro will confirm approval of required medical tests via email. In the rare event that any contraindications arise in the initial screening or preparation stages, SoulCentro is not responsible for flights purchased prior to confirmation of clearance from our medical team.
LIBERIA GUANACASTE AIRPORT
***ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE TIMES NOTED BELOW
If flights are limited in/out of Liberia airport, you may find more flight options in/out of SJO airport and then book domestic flights or shuttles between SJO and LIR.
>>> Please send your flight itinerary via email (not text message) to [email protected] in the following text format in the body of the email (please do not forward your flight receipt or reservation link):
ARRIVAL: DATE, ARRIVAL TIME, AIRLINE, FLIGHT #, AIRPORT CODES (ex. SJO – LIR)
DEPARTURE: DATE, ARRIVAL TIME, AIRLINE, FLIGHT #, AIRPORT CODES (ex. SJO – LIR)
PLEASE NOTE: It is important to commit to being present for the entire 8-day retreat window to respect the sacred container. There is essential orientation offered upon arrival in the beginning of the retreat. Also, the effects of the medicine are profound and can last up to 72 hours, and we are responsible for your safety within that time frame. Please do not plan to arrive late or depart earlier than the times noted here for your retreat.
- Download Google Translate app onto your phone & download the Spanish language
- Have WhatsApp installed on your phone, as it is commonly used here
- Check your phone plan in advance for your text/phone/data options within Costa Rica
- Tell your bank in advance where/when you are traveling internationally so your financial services are not interrupted
Tourists coming from outside the U.S. or Canada can check whether they can enter without a visa at the following link: https://migracion.go.cr/Paginas/Visas.aspx
ARRIVAL TIME OPTIONS
ARRIVE THE NIGHT PRIOR
Arrive at LIR by the night before the 1st day of the retreat, for more spacious timing & decompression from your travels (highly recommended). This is also the best choice to ensure extra time in the event that flights are late or canceled, which is not uncommon. We recommend the Hilton Garden Inn, which is less than 1 mile from the LIR airport and it is also our shuttle pick-up site. We have always used hotels.com with good results.
>>> If you make plans to stay at a hotel other than the recommended hotel, you will need to organize your own taxi or Uber to get back to LIR airport for our complimentary shuttle to the retreat location.
ARRIVE ON THE 1ST DAY
Alternatively, you can fly into LIR on the 1st day of the retreat by 1pm at the very latest; it generally takes 30 minutes to go through immigration & customs. Please do not arrive later than 1pm.
PLEASE NOTE: If your flight is late and the shuttle is missed, you will be responsible for your own transportation to the retreat. This is an additional reason that we recommend arriving the night prior to the start date of the retreat. In the event of a late arrival, please contact Jimena via WhatsApp and we can send you a GPS pin for a taxi, both of these details are noted in the FINAL REMINDERS email.
ARRIVAL SHUTTLE PICK UP TIMES & LOCATIONS
>>> On the 1st day of the retreat, our private shuttle will pick up guests at:
STOP #1 @ 1pm at the Hilton Garden Inn
STOP #2 @ 1:30pm LIR airport: Exit right out of baggage claim, wait past the taxis, and look for the driver with our sign: SoulCentro
THE SHUTTLE JOURNEY
The journey is a 2.5 hour car ride from the LIR airport. Roads are in good condition.
PLEASE NOTE: Our complimentary shuttle is offered only on the 1st day & last day of the retreat and only on the times/locations noted here. If you would like to arrive to Costa Rica earlier or stay later, you will be responsible for your own transportation logistics and costs.
ALL GUESTS WILL RECEIVE A FINAL REMINDERS EMAIL WITH OUR LOCAL CONTACT INFORMATION.
DEPARTURE TIME OPTIONS
>>> On the last day of the retreat our private shuttle will depart SoulCentro at 11 – 11:30am and arrive at the LIR airport by 2:30pm. Guests will not be able to depart from the center earlier than this time, due to morning activities as well as safety and logistical reasons. Please plan your flight times accordingly.
FLY OUT ON THE LAST DAY OF THE RETREAT
Our private shuttle will drop off guests at the LIR airport at approximately 2:30 pm depending on traffic. Book your flight out of LIR on the last day of the retreat, leaving no earlier than 5:30 pm.
HOTEL STAY ON THE LAST NIGHT OF THE RETREAT, FLY OUT THE NEXT DAY
Our private shuttle will bring guests to the Hilton Garden Inn in Liberia, Costa Rica at approximately 2:30 – 3 pm, for more spacious timing & decompression from your experience prior to international travel.
COVID TESTING & SAFETY
COVID-19 SAFETY: Take an antigen or PCR COVID test within 3 days (72 hours) prior to your arrival flight, even if you are vaccinated, to create a space that feels as safe as possible for all guests. A home test is acceptable. Though Costa Rica does not require a COVID test, SoulCentro does.
>>> Please email a photo of your test (not text message) to [email protected]
Currently, Costa Rica has repealed all COVID-related entry requirements. Entry requirements are subject to change; verify current requirements HERE.
TRAVEL MEDICAL INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
Though Costa Rica no longer requires travel medical insurance, SoulCentro does. This is important to cover any medical needs that may arise during your trip, even outside of your retreat time, as most standard insurance policies do not provide international coverage.
For the most affordable policy options, note the trip value as $0, so it is medical insurance only. You can select to cover the cost of your flight or travels if you choose, but that is not necessary. Ensure that your policy provides least $50k of medical coverage & $50k for emergency tranportation for international travel to Costa Rica.
>>> Please send your policy documents to [email protected] with “TRAVEL INSURANCE” in the subject line.
Our private center is located near Paquera, Costa Rica. A GPS pin is available to all registered guests upon request.
WHAT TO BRING
• CASH: You will need cash for your massages & spa services onsite. You may also need cash for other activities should you choose to arrive early or stay in Costa Rica after the retreat. Do not rely on ATMs in Costa Rica, as the nearest locations are at least a 60-minute round-trip drive, there are often long lines, and their cash supply can be limited. We will not have the time or resources to take guests to local ATMs. Please bring US dollars (not Costa Rican colones currency), which is widely accepted here. ***Please ensure that all cash is in new or in excellent condition such as that ordered from a bank, otherwise, it will not be accepted in Costa Rica.
• TEMPLE DONATION: This is a symbolic offering for the traditional Bwiti ceremony. It can be a monetary cash bill of any amount that is inspired by your heart.
• IMPORTANT: Sports sandals with good tread, solid soles, and supportive ankle straps, like Tevas
• TIPS: We invite you to bring cash tips that we will divide equally with our local Costa Rican hospitality staff. Though we pay them well above the standard wages, it is still a humble economy and they all have big families to support. They are all exceptionally caring, warm, high integrity, and attentive.
• Small flashlight (or 2): Please bring an actual flashlight. You will need a flashlight that is separate from you phone for discovery days.
• Ear plugs (wax or wax/cotton recommended). Though our location is private & tranquil, there can very occasionally be the sound of yard work in the area.
• Water bottle
• Swimming suit
• Natural bug repellent: please avoid chemicals or perfume
• Personal yoga mat
• Yoga clothing
• Flip flops/beach sandals
• Sun hat
• Comfortable, light clothing layers. It may be cool in the evenings.
• Journal & writing utensil
• Sketchbook & favorite drawing medium – if you are inspired to create
• Spiritual shower clothing: This is one outfit to (literally) leave behind when we offer the spiritual shower ceremony—and one outfit to change into that represents your new life. It’s best to have lightweight items such as shorts/t-shirts, wraps, or dresses that have limbs exposed and are easy to remove and put on.
IMPORTANT TRAVEL CONSIDERATIONS
• CHECK YOUR PASSPORT EXPIRATION DATE!
• CONTACT YOUR CELL PHONE COMPANY to ensure your phone plan will support your needs while here and also that you understand how to navigate your settings according to your plan. For example, if you need to be available by regular text or phone, you will need to get an international “day pass” type of plan for Costa Rica. Some plans offer regular text and phone calls on Wifi with the proper settings in place. Though we have Wifi available in the common areas, it is not available in the guest rooms.
• NOTIFY YOUR BANK of your travel location and dates so that your service is not interrupted.
• BRING NEEDED CASH with you. ATMs are not locally accessible. USD is widely accepted. Ensure bills are in good condition.
ADDITIONAL COSTA RICA TRAVEL IDEAS
DRIVING & TRANSPORTATION
Unless you hire a private driver, it will be necessary to rent a car to visit most places in Costa Rica, as taxis and Uber are not generally available away from the largest cities. We have always had good results with Enterprise car rental company. They have locations near our center in the city of Tambor & close to the city of Cobano. We strongly suggest to rent an SUV due to the terrain, roads, and weather that you will likely encounter.
Always inquire with contacts at your destination to check the best driving routes in advance, as sometimes Google or Waze GPS can offer “shortcuts” which can lead you through rivers or on dangerous jungle mountain roads.
We may be able to refer professional private drivers for you to hire upon request and in advance of your visit, depending on your area.
Be aware that not all standard taxis may be safe. Uber is available in some areas of Costa Rica, otherwise we recommend that you contact the hotel/resort or host for the time outside your retreat for private driver recommendations.
These are private shuttle / transport companies & licensed, insured drivers who have a good reputation, to our knowledge:
IMPORTANT TRAVEL ADVICE
We do not endorse, suggest, or have affiliation with any of these options noted below. Information is provided as a courtesy and has been offered by local contacts. Always conduct your own due diligence and research recent reviews for any place you chose to visit to ensure it’s right for you. Call in advance to confirm current hours of operation and make reservations.
IDEAL FOR PREPARATION OR INTEGRATION
WITHIN 30 MIN OF SOULCENTRO
OPACIFICO HOTEL – PLAYA NARANJO
HOTEL VISTA LAS ISLAS – PAQUERA
NOTEWORTHY BEACH TOWNS NEAR OUR LOCATION
WITHIN 45 – 90 MIN OF SOULCENTRO
LOCAL ACCOMMODATIONS / HOTELS
HORIZON YOGA HOTEL
AMOR DE MAR
AFFORDABLE CONTEMPORARY AIRBNB: LODGE RECTO & LODGE VERSO
KAREN MOGENSEN RESERVE WILDLIFE REFUGE & ECO-LODGE
CURU WILDLIFE REFUGE
SUNTRAILS ZIPLINE & WATERFALL
SHOPPING AT LOCAL BOUTIQUES IN CENTRAL SANTA TERESA
ZWART CAFE & ART GALLERY
PLAYA DE LOS ARTISTA (RESERVATION REQUIRED / LUNCH ONLY)
ATTRACTIONS / BEACHES WITHIN 1 HOUR OF LIBERIA AIRPORT
HOTEL HACIENDA GUACHIPELIN – HOT SPRINGS, HORSE BACK RIDING, ZIPLINE, RIVER TUBING
VANDARA EXPLORE – HOT SPRINGS, HORSE BACK RIDING, ZIPLINE
OTHER ATTRACTIONS IN COSTA RICA
XANDARI RESORT: 40 ACRES OF PARADISE + FARM TO TABLE FOOD CLOSE TO SJO AIRPORT
ARENAL VOLCANO, LAKE, & HOT SPRINGS RESORTS:
MONTEVERDE CLOUD FOREST FOR HIKING
DIAMANTE VALLEY FOR EPIC WATERFALLS
DOMINICAL FOR SURFING & BOHEMIAN VIBE
MT. CHIRRIPO FOR RAINFOREST MOUNTAIN PARADISE
WHALE’S TAIL BEACH IN UVITA / SOUTHERN PACIFIC
OSA PENINSULA FOR BIODIVERSITY